Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The blog begins.

Today is the first day of my blog, Ask the Bowling Green Home Inspector. The very fact that I’m starting this blog has both excited and worried me. I am excited that the blog will provide another venue to share my company, Devore Home Inspections, yet I’m worried that I may not write the information that people want and need to know about their home.
 

Preparing to launch the blog (and addressing my “worry”) reminded me of one thing that I know to be true: ask for help when you need it. I need your help with my blog. You can help by commenting on my posts and please feel free to share any alternate views or ideas. Let me know if you have a topic that you would like to learn more about, have a question or would like for me to elaborate on a current topic.
 

Ask the Bowling Green Home Inspector will also receive help from my wife, Lindsey. She will be a contributing writer primarily focusing on topics involving green living, home and life organization, and supporting local products and businesses. Feel free to contribute ideas or questions for her to write about.
 

I have never and will never claim to know all there is to know about any subject (even though Lindsey will say I act that way about UK Basketball), so I will often cite and seek answers to your questions from some of our local and national experts in the fields in which I am posting about or that you are asking about. Maybe you are one of those local experts and have an idea or solution to a question, please feel free to share!

Topics for the blog may be subject to change, but I plan on trying to address the following areas each month:


1. Home Maintenance for all Seasons

2. Living Green and Clean in Bowling Green

3. Let’s Hear from You


4. Ask Devin, the Bowling Green Home Inspector


My goal with Ask the Bowling Green Home Inspector blog is to give readers the opportunity to take a look inside
Devore Home Inspections and to interact with myself and other contributing writers. I want this to be as much your blog as it is mine. My wife and I hope to build a relationship between both of us, our local experts and YOU. In beginning our relationship, I want to let you know a little more about me, your Bowling Green Home Inspector, Devin Devore.


My wife and I started Devore Home Inspections in 2007.  
Our first company logo, designed by my wife Lindsey.

Our new company logo for 2011, also designed by Lindsey. 
We hope you like it. 


Family is always the first priority for us both.
We have great families that live nearby in Bowling Green and Marrowbone (Cumberland County).

We love to get away with our friends and family to our favorite mountain and beach destinations.
We are not able to get away very often, but feel fortunate and love it when we can.

In my spare time, I try to do something active outside. 
Golfing, hiking, skiing, fishing, kayaking-you name it-I’m in. In case you are interested, the golf course is a great place to have a business meeting.


Now that you know a little about me and my life, I look forwarding to getting to know you, your ideas and thoughts.


I am lucky to thoroughly enjoy the work that I do as a home inspector and that I get to meet and work with so many interesting people on a daily basis. Thank you for reading my blog and for learning more about
Devore Home Inspections. So, from the heart of Warren County, this Bowling Green Home Inspector wants to say “good to meet ya” and welcome to Devore Home Inspections homestead in the blogosphere.

 Come back next week for information on a must do, springtime maintenance project for your home.



Visit our website:
www.devorehomeinspections.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home